Adapting homes for the less able is a speciality of B McDermott and Son. We carry out a wide range of access solutions in the home or workplace, and have extensive knowledge of the adaptations needed to make life that bit easier.
B Mcdermott & Son carry out both internal and external disabled adaptions. Below are examples of the projects we have completed:
- Level Access Showers – completely flush shower rooms, either as a DFG (council grant) or completely custom wetroom.
- Level Access Doors – renewing both internal and external doors with Part M compliant low-level thresholds to remove steps and enable access.
- Ramps and Paths – constructed in concrete, timber or paving to provide a gentle gradient to building entrances.
- Door Widening – enlarging structural openings to allow access for wheelchair users and making good to match existing decorations.
- Clos-o-Mat Installation – fitting Total Hygiene’s fully automated WC, leaving it fully commissioned and ready-to-use.
- Accessible Kitchens – with pull down baskets, rise-and-fall worktops and sinks, reachable oven housing and wheelchair facilitating plinths to enable easy access.
- Lift and Hoist Installation – working with specialist installers, including carrying out all builders’ work needed for lift and hoist installation.
- Ground Floor Extensions – entire single-storey extensions (which include many of the above adaptions) to assist disabled users to live independently.